Home| Journals | Statistics Online Expert | About Us | Contact Us

    About this Journal  | Table of Contents

[Abstract] [PDF] [HTML] [Linked References]

International Journal of Recent Trends in Science and Technology, ISSN 2277-2812 E-ISSN: 2249-8109

Volume 12, Issue 2, September 2014 pp 423-424

Research Article

Accidental ingestion of mosquito repellent liquid vaporizer

Bhavana Tiwari1, Sushil Kumar2

1Lecturer, Department of Pediatrics, MRA Medical College, Ambedkar Nagar, Uttar Pradesh, INDIA.

2Professor and Head, Department of Forensic Medicine, Rama Medical College Mandhana Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, INDIA.



Background: Accidental poisoning of mosquito repellent liquid vaporizer. Case Characteristics: A 3 yrs old male child accidently ingested liquid of mosquito repellent vaporizer. Observation: Child was immediately brought to emergency department of our hospital with urticarial rash all over the body. Outcome: Child was managed conservatively with antihistaminic injection and kept under observation for any respiratory or other complications. Message: Potentially poisonous things should be kept away from the children.